Thursday, January 6

chili when it's chilly



One of my favorite things to make this winter has been chili. So easy and so yummy.

I don't have a recipe. My friend Angela made it for me one day and I asked her how. She just listed the ingredients. It's not hard to mess up chili though. Here's what I use...

yellow onion
couple of garlic cloves
olive oil
saute until light brown and set aside

1 lb ground beef (I use Laura's Lean Beef, 4% fat)
pepper
salt
chili powder
ground cayenne pepper
add spices, brown beef and drain

can of light kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
can of dark kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
can of diced tomatoes
can of diced tomatoes with jalapenos
large can of tomato sauce
combine these in large pot and add onions, garlic and beef

cook over medium heat until beans reach desired softness...add more spices until it tastes "right"


Add fresh grated cheddar cheese and enjoy!

No comments: