I was inspired by Serena of Farmchicks fame and her Woodsycake... (okay, not really inspired...more like a complete copycat!) But that's flattery, right?
Anyway, I wanted to make a special dessert for Christmas celebration at my sister's house. When I came across this cake, I knew it was the one. It was cuter than anything and looked fairly simple to make.
And it was! The hardest part was finding the right cookies to create the logs. I finally found some chocolate dipped wafer rolls at Party Source that seemed like they would work. Although, they came only half dipped in chocolate...so I melted some dark chocolate and covered the whole wafer!
I think they turned out pretty good, especially the broken ones...


2 comments:
Pretty! Isn't it great? The chocolate cake is our FAVORITE recipe, and when I read Serena's post last week, I decorated the cake just like hers for my holiday brunch. When I just commented on her site, I read your comment and came over to see your cake, too.
Michele
http://calicodaisy.blogspot.com/2010/12/peppermint-bark-and-all-things.html
So cute! We did one, too:
http://tinymuses.gutensite.com/Baked-What
Post a Comment