Wednesday, September 24

back on track

...it's a long one!

So, instead of trying to catch up...I'm just going to start with things going on over the past week...

For instance...

On Saturday, we went to a fundraiser at Baker Hunt, the art school in Covington where my mom teaches a mosaic class. The event was called Twilight in the Gardens.


live music...


Julia and my mom looking at her artwork...


my dad and Covington Mayor, Butch Callery





On Monday, we went to the zoo again. This time just Julia, my mom and I went.


Julia fell in love with the "willa" (gorillas)







On Tuesday, we went downtown Cincinnati, to Piatt Park. Each Tuesday during the summer, our local radio station WNKU hosts an Acoustic Lunch series. It is so nice to get out and hear live music. And the band playing this week was so great. The Faux Frenchmen play what they call "1930’s Hot Club-inspired string band gypsy jazz." If you like Django Reinhardt or Stephane Grappelli, you'll love them!


the band


my mom


julia loved the music...she was getting tired...but not too tired to clap at the end of the song!

Now I am all caught up to today, Wednesday.

Julia and I took the bus downtown to visit Maggie. She LOVES buses. She won't let one pass us anywhere without saying "I see bus!" and squealing with delight! Since we live directly on a bus route, it's nice and convenient for us to make the $1.25 trip downtown to see Aunt Maggie.


We had lunch at Arnold's on 8th Street, Cincinnati's oldest bar...










This was on the bus with Maggie, on our way to Mom's house...



No comments: