Wednesday, July 2

happy birthday momma

My birthday...and only one photo of me! Oh well, Julia's cuter anyway!

I had an excellent birthday. I visited four of my favorite spots around town. And I got to spend time with family and close friends!

Julia and I started the day at Greenup Cafe.
We're regulars there.
After my blueberry pancakes, they brought me a fancy little cheesecake with a candle and sang Happy Birthday!







After breakfast, we met Shawn at the zoo! We saw giraffes, gibbons, bears and rode the train.





After the zoo, Julia took her nap and Angela and Olivia came over to visit. They brought Wii Fit and the new Guitar Hero. Fun!

Later on, we had dinner at my favorite restaurant, Myra's Dionysus in Clifton. Yum! There were six of us, Me, Julia, Shawn, Mom, Dad and Maggie. Julia got a present too! My mom made her a stuffed "Y" since it's her favorite letter. Julia even said "Happy Birthday Momma!" so cute!





To end the evening on a perfect note, we had to go to Graeters. Chocolate Mocha Chip is my favorite and beats birthday cake anytime! Ang, Dave and Olivia met us there and my friend Melissa, who's living in Denmark right now, was in town and able to join us too!













I couldn't have asked for a better day!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

What an awesome day of birthday fun!

Is that the same Dionysus that used to be on Calhoun St.? If so, I'm definitely going next time we are in town.

Love the picture of Shawn and Julia on the train.

Keep posting!
Al and Ruth

Anonymous said...

I love that Julia has a stuffed Y - that is hilarious! What an awesome birthday and how great Melissa could be there. Hope to see you soon!

- Kristin